Put Your Dental Fears Behind You with Sedation Dentistry
We’ve got lots of ways to ease your dental anxiety, from our massaging dental chairs to our DentalVibe tool that takes the sting out of receiving anesthesia. But despite all that, you may remain nervous about your dental procedure. If you are, we can give you sedation to further relax you.
With dental sedation, you’ll remain largely unaware of what happens during your procedure. Knowing that should cancel out any stress you’re feeling. For a stress-free dental visit, call our New Orleans, LA dentist office at (504) 266-0664.
Why We Use Oral Conscious Sedation
We’ll give you a prescription pill that you’ll take prior to your appointment with us. This form of sedation dentistry is often called oral conscious sedation. It offers many advantages, including:
- No needles necessary. If you’re nervous about needles, you needn’t be.
- You’ll arrive relaxed. Because you take the sedative at home prior to your appointment, you’ll arrive already relaxed and remain that way throughout your procedure.
- It’s noninvasive. You won’t have to wear a restrictive face mask or an IV in your arm. You simply take the sedative much as you would an aspirin or any pill.
- It’s safe. The medication we use is FDA approved and has a long safety record. Few people experience any side effects from this common medication. Our caring staff will monitor you throughout your procedure.
- You’ll remain responsive. While you’ll be drowsy and largely unaware during your procedure, you will still be awake and able to respond to any directions from your dentist.
Sedation Dentistry Offers Additional Benefits
Even if you’re not nervous about your treatment, sedation dentistry can be helpful. You may want to receive sedation if:
- You’ve experienced past difficulty getting numb or just don’t like needles.
- You will undergo a lengthy procedure or multiple procedures.
- You’ve got a sensitive gag reflex.
- You have sensitive teeth.
For more information about the benefits of sedation dentistry, call 7 O’Clock Dental at (504) 266-0664. Or use our handy online form to book your appointment at our New Orleans, LA dentist office. We’re located near the Central Business District.