Get Your Gums Back in Shape with the Pinhole® Technique
Receding gums not only mar your smile; they can also cause serious dental difficulties. When your gums recede, it exposes your teeth’s roots, creating an environment friendly to bacteria. This leaves you susceptible to decay and even worse dental damage. Fortunately, New Orleans, LA dentist Dr. John Tripp can perform the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a minimally invasive alternative to a gum graft, the gum recession treatment.
To find out more about getting your gums in shape with the Chao Pinhole® procedure, call 7 O’Clock Dental, LLC in New Orleans, LA at 504-266-0664.
We Can Fix Gum Recession with No Incisions
A traditional gum recession treatment involves taking tissue from another area and suturing it to the area that needs repair. But when performing the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, Dr. John Tripp simply makes a tiny hole in your gum tissue and gently inserts special tools through the hole to ease your gumline back where it belongs.
The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique is preferable to a traditional gum graft in numerous ways. Among them:
- Less invasive. In contrast to a gum graft, we won’t need to use sutures or incisions. Nor will we have to remove tissue from anywhere else in your mouth.
- Faster. Because the procedure is less complicated than a gum graft, it won’t take long. It is sometimes called a “lunchtime gum lift”!
- Instant results. Your restored gumline looks better right away.
- Quicker recovery time. With no incisions and sutures, your mouth should heal quickly, and there is less chance of infection or other complications.
- Less discomfort. Most patients experience minimal discomfort. We’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia, and we can offer dental sedation if you need it.
- More natural look. Because Dr. Tripp adjusts your existing gum tissue, your restored gumline will look completely natural.
We Keep You Comfortable During Your Procedure
As with any cosmetic dental treatment in our New Orleans, LA dentist office, we want you to be comfortable during the pinhole procedure. So we offer:
- The DentalVibe, a tool that uses vibration for pain-free administration of anesthesia
- Private care rooms
- Massaging dental chairs
- Digital TV, so you can check out your favorite programs while we work
Interested in gum recession treatment? Call 7 O’Clock Dental, LLC at (504) 266-0664. Or use our online form to make an appointment. We’re located a short drive from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, LA.
Dr. John C. Tripp is the top-notch New Orleans, LA dentist here at 7 O’Clock Dental, LLC. earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry in Nashville, TN and completed a general practice residency program in Brooklyn, NY.